Re: Add some built-in faces for inheritance

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Add some built-in faces for inheritance
Date: Sat, 19 Sep 2020 15:50:33 -0400

> - foreground-highlight: highlight text using a different foreground color,
> used for matched results, etc.

Please don't rely too much on things like "color" in your descriptions.
Think more of what is the intended use rather than the visual effect you
expect for it.
[ I for one likely wouldn't change the foreground color of "matched
  results".  ]

What kind of "matched results" are you thinking of?
The text matched during isearch?

> - background-highlight: highlighted text using a different background color,
> used for selected candidate in company/ivy/helm, etc.

I think this one could be an alias for the current `highlight`, right?

        Stefan