Re: master 3beb8bc 3/3: Allow controlling the look of the line/column in

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: master 3beb8bc 3/3: Allow controlling the look of the line/column indicators
Date: Sun, 20 Sep 2020 22:12:52 +0300

>> I don't care about the default value as long as there is a way
>> to revert it back in the init file.  But currently customization
>> of mode-line-position-column-format and mode-line-position-line-format
>> back to "%c" and "%l" has no effect.
>
> I think I've got all the combinations right here now...

Thanks.  I noticed another problem: the column/line format string
is not fixed-length anymore.  So when its length changes from e.g.
"(9,9)" to "(10,10)", the rest of the mode-line is shifted to the right,
and jumps right/left all the time when the cursor moves in the buffer.
This is a regression.  The mode-line was not so jumpy before,
the format string "  (%l, %c)  " was always the same fixed length.