RE: A proposal for a friendlier Emacs

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: A proposal for a friendlier Emacs
Date: Sat, 26 Sep 2020 07:29:14 -0700 (PDT)

> > Should we really conflate the set of Emacs
> > users with "registered repository users"?
>
> I don't follow you.  You seem to be criticizing
> something but I don't know what.

(A question is criticism now?)

I responded to this:

  The number of registered repository users who
  have clicked on "add to favourites" for the
  package in question.

I questioned whether "registered repository users"
is a good proxy for Emacs users.  Presumably not
all Emacs users will be registered repository
users (?).  Maybe the difference needs to be
taken into account in some way?  A question.

(No, I don't know what a "registered repository
user" is.  But AFAIK I'm not one, and I am an
Emacs user.)