RE: master 583cb26 2/3: Improve accuracy in string-replace description (

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: master 583cb26 2/3: Improve accuracy in string-replace description (bug#43598)
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2020 09:49:47 -0700 (PDT)

> Okay.  Then how about
>
> Return a string equal to @var{instring} with every occurence of
> @var{fromstring} replaced by @var{tostring}.

Return a new string equal...
____

But do we really need to say this now, for every function?
In the past nondestructive was the default (implicit), and
we called out destructive exceptions.

I'm not saying we shouldn't, especially if it just means
adding a "new" here or there.  But if descriptions aren't
somewhat consistent then we risk increasing confusion,
rather than diminishing it.  If we go out of our way to
say here that the returned string is a new one, will we
start saying that everywhere?