Re: Mouse-hovering over 'mouse-face' overlays/regions on a TTY Emacs

From: Jared Finder
Subject: Re: Mouse-hovering over 'mouse-face' overlays/regions on a TTY Emacs
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2020 23:10:54 -0800

On 2020-11-30 11:09 am, João Távora wrote:
[... email contents elided ...]

This email chain makes me wonder if other code paths that are currently hidden behind HAVE_GPM that should now be enabled.

I found the following two suspect lines that sound related, but it's unclear to me what they're for. Does anyone know what functionality they enable? (Note: I have some local changes, so my line numbers may be slightly off.)

term.c:4253
  tty->mouse_highlight.mouse_face_window = Qnil;

xdisp.c:20783
          gui_clear_window_mouse_face (w);

Additionally, it looks like set-mouse-position and set-mouse-pixel-position in frame.c does not behave consistently on TTYs if Emacs is compiled with window system support vs without. I assume that should be fixed.

  -- MJF