Re: Any way to tell Emacs how to open specific URIs?

From: Akira Kyle
Subject: Re: Any way to tell Emacs how to open specific URIs?
Date: Wed, 02 Dec 2020 16:49:34 -0700

On Wed, Dec 02, 2020 at 10:03 AM, Jean Louis <bugs@gnu.support> wrote:

As URI handler it is fine to invent one owns URIs. And I find it
useful to make anything. I would even find more useful if there would
be hyperlink system in Emacs where users could programmatically
hyperlink anything by regexp and connect hyperlinks to regexps. GNU
Hyperbole does similar thing but files are directory based. I am
developig hypertext system, dynamic knowledge repository and thus
using goto-address-mode and buttons heavily.

I am not using it for URLs, I am using it for any URIs, not just URL
and my use it also for such, it is easier that way than defining
buttons specifically.

Kind of sounds like org custom hyperlink types[1]. For example I find the org-ref package immensely useful and it defines a custom link type given by `cite:` which then takes me to its bibtex entry or pdf.

[1] https://orgmode.org/manual/Adding-Hyperlink-Types.html