Re: Redisplay slower in Emacs 28 than Emacs 27

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: Redisplay slower in Emacs 28 than Emacs 27
Date: Tue, 08 Dec 2020 01:41:59 +0100

Anyway, this has reminded me of something I've wondered about before:
Why doesn't `create-image' stick a :hash element into the spec so that
redisplay doesn't have to recompute it all the time?  Especially with
large datap images, not having to recompute the hash when redisplaying
must surely be a big win...

The wrinkle is that you'd have to recompute it if you alter the image
spec, but I think that should be OK.