gnus appears not to honor mode-line-buffer-id

From: Colin Baxter
Subject: gnus appears not to honor mode-line-buffer-id
Date: Tue, 08 Dec 2020 12:27:35 +0000

Hello,

I posted this originally on gmane.emacs.gnus.general where the effect
was confirmed. However, we don't know if it's a bug or a gnus' feature
so I thought it best to sound out first the wisdom of emacs-dev.

My Gnus' Group, Summary, etc. buffers do not honor my
mode-line-buffer-id setting. I have

#+begin_src elisp
 '(mode-line ((t (:background "PaleGreen" :foreground "black"))))
 '(mode-line-buffer-id ((t (:weight normal :background "white" :foreground
"blue"))))
#+end_src

This works for everything excepts gnus, where the buffer names just
assume the general mode-line fore and background colors - in this case -
of black and PaleGreen respectively.

Best wishes,

Colin Baxter.