Re: project-find-regexp using ripgrep

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: project-find-regexp using ripgrep
Date: Wed, 9 Dec 2020 23:46:25 +0200

On 09.12.2020 06:14, andrés ramírez wrote:

     Dmitry> I have just pushed the updated patch to master (f2a3d6e). If you
track that branch,
     Dmitry> after updating you can enjoy ripgrep support with:

Since I am or ARM-arch (not on x86). I stay with the bundles provided by the
maintainers (pretest and
released version).

Sounds like ripgrep is really faster than grep on ARM. Interesting.

But from time to time I try to compile master when times permits it. So today I
am replacing emacs 27.1 with master.

Good move, it's pretty stable for me.

But should you decide to go back to Emacs 27 for a while, you can install the newer version of xref from GNU ELPA. I just bumped its package version.

     Dmitry>   (setq xref-search-program 'ripgrep)

Added to my dot emacs.

BTW. I have been following the thread about emacs-28 slower than emacs-27. But
With this brand new
version of Emacs. Trying Emacs inside Xterm feels slower. On the virtual
console there is no problem with
Emacs. As I prefer the virtual console ( Ctrl+Meta+F3) everything is fine from
my side. I just have
noticed it. But perhaps I am not the only one noticing it.

Can't really comment on that, I only use the virtual console for troubleshooting.