Re: how to detect that current font does not have particular unicode cha

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: how to detect that current font does not have particular unicode char
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 2020 11:18:27 +0200

> From: yyoncho <yyoncho@gmail.com>
> Date: Sat, 19 Dec 2020 10:54:35 +0200
>
> I am trying to implement an automatic fallback if the user has configured a
> font that does not have a
> particular unicode char (e. g. โ€œ๐Ÿ’กโ€ (U+1F4A1)).

What kind of fallback?  IOW, what did you intend to do if you find out
that the font configured by the user does NOT have a glyph for the
character in question?

I'm asking because some fallbacks don't need to know whether a
particular font can display a particular character.  But I'm not sure
those fallbacks are appropriate for your use case.

> I tried to use char-displayable-p but it seems like it is not
> what I am looking for.

I believe you want font-get-glyphs.