Displaying the emacs pgtk branch in a browser window

From: joakim
Subject: Displaying the emacs pgtk branch in a browser window
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2020 23:18:38 +0100

I found this pretty interesting. Perhaps this has already been
commented on, then sorry for the noise.

It is possible to run the emacs pgtk branch so that you can view the
emacs frame inside a brower window, in my case I tested using Firefox.

First compile pgtk emacs:

git checkout feature/pgtk
./autogen.sh
./configure   --with-pgtk --with-imagemagick  --with-json
make -j32

Then run emacs inside the broadway display server, that converts gtk
calls to html:

GDK_BACKEND=broadway BROADWAY_DISPLAY=:6  src/emacs -Q

Now witness emacs running inside a browser window:
http://localhost:8086/

Mos of the things I tested worked nicely. Well done, pgtk team!

Regards,
/Joakim
--
Joakim Verona