Re: A whole lotta auto-saving going on

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: A whole lotta auto-saving going on
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2020 01:31:07 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

> Is this in "emacs -Q"?  I guess not, so do you have any customizations
> related to auto-saving?

It's not with -Q, and not that I know of...

> The only recent changes I could spot are ccb3eff (a change in sit_for)
> and a649869 (a change in auto_save_error).

The ccb3eff is possibly related, I guess, since I have a bunch of
network connections open all the time.

But since this doesn't sound familiar to anybody, I guess I'll just have
to instrument Emacs a bit to see what's triggering this behaviour.
(`debug-on-entry' on `do-auto-save' does nothing, so Fdo_auto_save is
presumably called from the C layer, and debug-on-message on "Auto-save"
gives me an empty backtrace, which seems to confirm that.)