Re: Proposal for emacs-emba mailing list

From: Toon Claes
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 2020 11:23:20 +0100

On Wed, Dec 30 2020, Lars Ingebrigtsen wrote:

> I'm not opposed to a new mailing list for this by any means, but my
> preference would be to have discussions about the CI stuff on
> emacs-devel -- it seems extremely relevant to Emacs development.  This
> can be a pretty noisy mailing list, though, so perhaps a separate list
> is something many would prefer?

Well, yes the noisyness is an issue for me to keep up-to-date on only
this topic. But I get what you mean. There are probably other topics on
emacs-devel that can be split out into separate mailing lists, so where
would it end.

Maybe we can just standardize the subject for mails related to this
topic, like with [ci] or so?

Also, at the moment we have opened a few issues on the issue tracker on
EMBA itself [1]. I actually like this, because I think it's easy to
navigate and categorize and whatnot. But maybe we should also use
debbugs for this instead?

I just want to avoid having all the history scattered around and not
able to find things ever again.

--
Toon

[1] https://emba.gnu.org/emacs/emacs/-/issues