Re: [ELPA] New packages: boxy, boxy-headlines

From: Tyler Grinn
Subject: Re: [ELPA] New packages: boxy, boxy-headlines
Date: Wed, 06 Oct 2021 12:35:41 -0400

>> The behavior of defface was changed in Emacs 28 to do what I
>> described. What do I do now?  Should I still support 26 and 27?
>
> AFAIU the difference is only visible when a running Emacs session loads
> the `boxy.el` file a second time.  This may be common for the one who's
> hacking on `boxy.el`, but it's probably *very* rare for every one else,
> so I wouldn't worry about it.
> Especially since that same behavior affects all other packages.
>

>         Stefan

I agree generally, but I know a lot of users tend to leave Emacs running
for weeks, and the problem I had was that the first color theme I
designed was inaccessible for dark themes, so I thought it was important
to send that update right away.  I think the theming is pretty
accessible and stable now, so I will remove the face-spec-set calls in
the next update.

--

Best,

Tyler