Re: [ELPA] New package: taxy-magit-section

From: Adam Porter
Subject: Re: [ELPA] New package: taxy-magit-section
Date: Thu, 07 Oct 2021 11:46:47 -0500

> Thanks, installed.

Thanks.

> But please note that it would be much better not to store the `.info`
> files in the repository (the general rule is that you only want to
> store *source* files in there) and instead use
>
>     :doc "README.org"

I'd generally be glad to do that.  I did it myself when the README.org
file is saved because that's necessary for my packages that are on
MELPA.  I wouldn't mind for ELPA to do that automatically, however there
is one issue: users who install the package by other means, like with
Quelpa (as I do for some of my own packages, so I don't have to wait for
(M)ELPA to build them) or Straight wouldn't get the info manual, IIUC.

Also, it can be helpful for me to see the diffs in the generated info
manual when I'm committing changes to the readme.

So, for now at least, I'd prefer to keep them in the repo and generate
them myself, if that's acceptable.