Re: Unicode 13 Emoji ranges composed with wrong font on NS port

From: Jimmy Yuen Ho Wong
Subject: Re: Unicode 13 Emoji ranges composed with wrong font on NS port
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2021 18:40:07 +0100

But characters like U+0023 hash sign and U+00A9 copyright sign are
also in emoji-data.txt with the same "Emoji=Yes" property, and yet
that doesn't mean we should treat them as Emoji, right?

These belong to symbols and punctuation, outside of the Emoticons
block, so we decided to treat them as Emoji only when they are
followed by VS-16, which means the text explicitly requests to show
them in their Emoji representation.

What I'm talking about specifically is when these characters are used as a modifier base, the skin color or sex symbol that comes after them should take effect and turn them into emoji presentation, but they are currently not. See the attached screenshots.

--
Jimmy Wong