Re: input-pending-p after make-frame-visible

From: Aaron Jensen
Subject: Re: input-pending-p after make-frame-visible
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2021 14:28:42 -0400

On Fri, Oct 15, 2021 at 1:32 PM Alan Third <alan@idiocy.org> wrote:

> > Any other ideas on this?
>
> I have absolutely no idea what the point if that any_help_event_p
> variable is. The comment that goes along with it is:
>
> /* Non-zero means that a HELP_EVENT has been generated since Emacs
>    start.  */
>
> but why would that be helpful?

>From the commit that introduced it, it was a performance improvement.
I think it would write an event on every mouse move instead just when
it was needed. After the change, if a help echo was shown then it
would set a flag so that when the NSWindow lost focus it would clear
it. Your change was good (to reset the flag in that case) and should
probably be installed but it wasn't sufficient to solve my original
problem.

Aaron