Re: Moving kbd to subr.el

From: Stefan Kangas
Subject: Re: Moving kbd to subr.el
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2021 16:13:30 +0200

> Yup.  And having "kbd" in the name should make it all less confusing,
> perhaps, and we could (eventually) use the normal deprecation procedures
> for the old functions.

Right, we could use "kbd" or perhaps "key".  Whichever we choose, I
would strongly prefer having one shared prefix for all of these
functions.

This simple change reduces cognitive load by quite a bit IMO, as I
just need to remember to type "kbd-" to get the company completion
popup that shows the full names.

> kdb-define-keymap
> kbd-define-key

Maybe: