The annotated example of a complete working Flymake backend leaves proce

From: Rudolf Adamkovič
Subject: The annotated example of a complete working Flymake backend leaves process buffers around
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2021 09:17:10 +0200

I noticed that the "annotated example of a complete working Flymake backend" at

<https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_mono/flymake.html#Backend-functions>

leaves zombie buffers around. I traced the problem down to

┌────
│ (when (eq 'exit (process-status proc)) …
└────

The backend kills the process buffer on `'exit' but not on `'signal', which
happens when Flymake kills an obsolete in-progress check. I fixed the problem
locally with

┌────
│ (let ((status (process-status proc)))
│   (when (or (eq status 'exit) (eq status 'signal))
│     …
└────

I think we should fix the Flymake manual as well.

Rudy
--
"'Contrariwise,' continued Tweedledee, 'if it was so, it might be; and if it
were so, it would be; but as it isn't, it ain't. That's logic.'" -- Lewis

Rudolf Adamkovič <salutis@me.com>
Studenohorská 25
84103 Bratislava
Slovakia