Re: Elisp LSP Server

From: Alexandre Garreau
Subject: Re: Elisp LSP Server
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2021 09:00:18 +0200

Le lundi 25 octobre 2021, 04:17:18 CEST Richard Stallman a écrit :

>   > It would anyway, without having to transpile C to js (which already
>   > exists, but not including X ofc (hopefully?)), or elisp to js (which
>   > may already exist or be easily doable from what exists), be
>   > possible to develop not really an extension but a plugin that would
>   > allow open emacs inside frames such as it was possible to watch
>   > videos before <video> and firefox to include its own player
>
> I suppose it would work... but what is the benefit?

as you said: the same workflow as what’s currently proposed with VS Code as
a webapp.  Having the program’s UI *inside* the page instead of another
window is more ergonomical and less confusing.

Actually I find the very concept of (floating) windowing very anti-
ergonomic, cumbersome and confusing, and I seem not to be the only one:
not only because of the popularity of tiling WM (among whose who
understand the thing), but because I saw many eldery people in course of
learning windowing systems be very stressed and frightened by stuff that
pops out at random places on the screen and that you have to consciously
think about where to place and how to dimension on the screen…

More of it: it supports the concept of running software natively and
locally, instead of on top of javascript/DOM as it is becoming very
popular (maybe mainly for that reason, as well as easiness to launch from
a webpage with js), which would go in the interest of Free Software, I
believe (as supported in the WWWorst AppStore).