Re: Dark mode on Windows

From: Óscar Fuentes
Subject: Re: Dark mode on Windows
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2021 15:56:56 +0200

>>> But we still need to re-set the `frame-background-mode` when the
>>> environment changes from dark to light and vice-versa, right?
>> This is about the frame's titlebar, not the frame's contents.
>
> But the user's expectation is presumably that the rest
> also switches to a light-text-on-dark-background, no?

Maybe, maybe not. On some machines I always use a dark theme on Emacs
independently of the OS theme. And we need a relation from dark/light
themes to light/dark themes, etc

Anyways, if this patch inspires further functionality, great, but it is
useful as it is. It would be a waste if the thread turns into a
discussion about generalized features, cross-platform support and the
meaning of life in general.