Re: [ELPA] New package: vertico-posframe

From: Iñigo Serna
Subject: Re: [ELPA] New package: vertico-posframe
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2021 09:25:30 +0200

Hi,

On 26 October 2021 at 02:45 +02, tumashu  <tumashu@163.com> wrote:

At 2021-10-26 00:13:16, "Philip Kaludercic" <philipk@posteo.net> wrote:
** What is vertico-posframe

Would it make sense to bundle this directly in Vertico?

I think vertico prefer keep simple and less code, so we should see the opinion of Daniel Mendler

It would also add an unneeded dependency of an extenal package not used
by most vertico users.
Daniel prefered that these extensions be in their own packages and keep
core clean.

--
Iñigo Serna

vertico-posframe is an vertico extension, which lets vertico use posframe to show its candidate menu. NOTE: vertico-posframe requires Emacs 26 and do not support mouse click.

** How to enable vertico-posframe
  (require 'vertico-posframe)
  (vertico-posframe-mode 1)