RE: [External] : Re: Select completions from the minibuffer

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: [External] : Re: Select completions from the minibuffer
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2022 19:55:48 +0000

> > +  "M-<up>"    #'minibuffer-completion-previous
> > +  "M-<down>"  #'minibuffer-completion-next
> > +  "M-RET"     #'minibuffer-completion-choose)
>
> If I'm reading this patch correctly, then this looks
> like just what I've wanted for decades.  😀

In Icicles for over 2 decades.

<up>, <down>, RET, by default - no need for `M-'.

(And keys customizable with just a simple option.)
___

Suggested for vanilla Emacs long ago - no secret.
It's the most basic thing Icicles ever offered:
cycling, with the current candidate highlighted in
*Completions* and inserted as minibuffer content.