Re: How to stop desktop.lock file creation

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: How to stop desktop.lock file creation
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2022 09:34:13 +0300

> Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2022 23:33:59 +0100 (CET)
> From: Angelo Graziosi <angelo.g0@libero.it>
>
> It is very annoying that each time I forgot to close Emacs when logout from
> OS I have to delete that file manually at the next start...
>
> Please, let me know what to add to the init.el file to avoid that Emacs
> creates that file...

Why do you need to delete the desktop lock file?  If you are annoyed
by the question Emacs asks when you invoke it the next time, you can
simply customize desktop-load-locked-desktop to the value t, then it
will not ask any questions.

If there's some other problem with that lock file, please describe it,
so we understand what problem you are trying to solve.