Two CC Mode bug fixes into the release branch?

From: Alan Mackenzie
Subject: Two CC Mode bug fixes into the release branch?
Date: Sat, 2 Jul 2022 14:06:12 +0000

Hello, Emacs.

I think it would be right to put two recent CC Mode bug fixes into the
release branch.

The first is bug #53605 (from Richard Copley in January) which has just
been reported again by somebody else on bug-cc-mode@gnu.org.  The
problem is that the C++ line

    operator""_hexstring()

gets parsed as

    operatoR""_hexstring()

and handled wrongly as a raw string.  The solution to this bug is to
bind case-fold-search to nil in one place.

This was fixed in the master branch in February.  It would seem that
this is likely to happen quite a lot, so maybe the fix should be copied
into the release branch now.

The second is bug #56256 where an unusual set of circumstances (a C++
lambda form being opened in a #define) causes Emacs to lock up hard.

The solution is simple (as these things often are), replacing a call to
c-backward-token-2 with a save-excursion and a goto-char.

This may not happen often, but the consequence would appear serious
enough to warrant fixing the bug in the emacs-28 branch.

Should I put either of these fixes into the release branch?

--
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).