Re: Prefix argument to emoji-recent etc.?

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: Prefix argument to emoji-recent etc.?
Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2022 13:01:13 +0200

Tor Kringeland <tor.kringeland@ntnu.no> writes:

> emoji-recent and similar functions are useful for inserting emojis in
> Emacs.  However, sometimes I also use it to get emojis that I want to
> send outside of Emacs.  If a prefix argument is given to these
> functions, could the given emoji be added to the kill ring?  Similarly
> could be added to some other C-x 8 commands.

The prefix is already taken in the `emoji-insert' (to basically run `C-x
8 e s' instead), but we could remove that since it's not very useful.
And then the prefix could be used to copy to the kill ring in all the
emoji insertion commands.

It does sound kinda useful.  Anybody else have any opinions here, one
way or another?