Strange effect selecting rectangular region

From: Angelo Graziosi
Subject: Strange effect selecting rectangular region
Date: Sat, 9 Jul 2022 18:39:18 +0200 (CEST)

They are few master builds I notice this strange effect.

Selecting a rectangular region with 'M-C drag mouse-L' produces the rectangular
region but when the keys (M, C, mouse-L) are released the related lines appears
in yellows as the attached screenshot. This happens often not always and the
only way to get that the yellow disappears is to restart Emacs (I have not
found a recipe to do that in Emacs).

I have seen this on Windows an macOS but not on GNU/Linux builds...