Re: [NonGNU ELPA] New packages: corfu-doc and corfu-doc-terminal

From: Akib Azmain Turja
Subject: Re: [NonGNU ELPA] New packages: corfu-doc and corfu-doc-terminal
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2022 21:06:20 +0600

Daniel Mendler <mail@daniel-mendler.de> writes:

> On 5/28/22 22:31, Akib Azmain Turja wrote:
>> Philip Kaludercic <philipk@posteo.net> writes:

>>> Do I misunderstand something, or why is adding corfu-doc to corfu (a GNU
>>> ELPA) package opposed to adding it as a separate package to NonGNU ELPA?
>>
>> I don't know, its their (Yuwei Tian and Daniel Mendler) plan to do so.
>> See these (sorry for any nonfree JS):
>>
>> https://github.com/minad/corfu/issues/103
>> https://github.com/galeo/corfu-doc/issues/8
>
> Yes, this will happen eventually if Yuwei is still interested. But there
> is no guarantee that this is going to happen soon or in a few days.
> Corfu-doc currently comes with its own child frame implementation.
> Instead it should make use of the Corfu implementation, which may need
> some refactoring such that it can be used also by corfu-doc. This is
> important to avoid unnecessary code duplication.
>
> Daniel

It looks like it would take much time to add corfu-doc to corfu.  In the
meanwhile, can we add corfu-doc in GNU ELPA and corfu-doc-terminal to
NonGNU ELPA?

--
Akib Azmain Turja

Find me on Mastodon at @akib@hostux.social.

This message is signed by me with my GnuPG key.  It's fingerprint is:

    7001 8CE5 819F 17A3 BBA6  66AF E74F 0EFA 922A E7F5