Re: How does one find out what file a library has been loaded from?

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: How does one find out what file a library has been loaded from?
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2022 14:37:06 -0400

>> (ELisp code shouldn't need to know and end-users shouldn't need to
>> know either (barring bugs or curiosity of course))
> For those reasons, amongs others, there shouldn't be these transparent (i.e.
> opaque) things.

You're confusing "transparent" and "opaque".  Opaque means users
can't know, transparent means they don't need to know.  Very different.

In any case, my point is that this design decision to make the native
code compilation transparent should be reflected in the docs and should
inform how we document the features.

        Stefan