lists.gnu.org/archive web search is broken?

From: Ag Ibragimov
Subject: lists.gnu.org/archive web search is broken?
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2022 19:07:20 -0500

How do you search for messages in emacs-devel archive (web form)? I
think it's broken.
I can never find relevant messages, take for example this one:

https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2022-06/msg01229.html

The content isn't relevant. But let's try to find that page using
"search".

I've attempted to use the following search strings:

1) +subject:"Looking at function"
- No document matching your query.

2) +message-id:<86edz8k6q1.fsf@mail.linkov.net>
- No document matching your query.

3) +from:juri@linkov.net
- Total 865 documents matching your query.;
Sorted in reverse chronological order, the latest indexed document dates
Thu, 18 Mar 2021. The original message is from Tue, 28 Jun 2022.

4) Apparently, the search can take `+date:` argument, but I couldn't
figure out the proper formatting for the date. I couldn't even get it to
show messages posted on a specific date.

Does anyone use the archive? What's the point of having a web-page
for it, if you can't even search for stuff without downloading it
locally? Or maybe "How to search" instructions need updating?