Re: feature/fix-the-long-lines-display-bug c760d2ed16: * etc/PROBLEMS: R

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: feature/fix-the-long-lines-display-bug c760d2ed16: * etc/PROBLEMS: Remove the entry which is no longer relevant.
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2022 16:48:03 +0200

Gregory Heytings <gregory@heytings.org> writes:

> The feature has now landed on master.  You can now edit the end of a
> 1GB single-line file as if it were a 1KB file.  Enjoy!

Thanks so much for working on this.  I've just tried this briefly (I'm
nominally still on vacation), but it seems to work wonderfully on the
couple pathological files I've tried this on.

The "long line total freezes" in Emacs was one of the most embarrassing
bugs in Emacs, and I'm so pleased that it's finally gone.