Objects that can't be purified during dumping

From: Lynn Winebarger
Subject: Objects that can't be purified during dumping
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2022 08:19:35 -0400

Hi,
In my quest to have a "fully loaded" emacs, I'm attempting to dump a version that loads about 2400 features in site-load.el.
Attempting to load email/rfc2047 produces an error to the effect that purecopy does not know how to purify a char table (specifically a syntax table).
Is there a reason objects that aren't specifically recognized as being "purifiable" can't just be marked as pinned like hash table without the purecopy attribute?  I mean, if I put that in the code, are there foreseeable bugs that would result?

Thanks,
Lynn