Solved (was: undo-auto--undoable-change infloop)

From: Michael Heerdegen
Subject: Solved (was: undo-auto--undoable-change infloop)
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2022 05:10:52 +0200

> Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:
>
> > [...] you do know that undo runs a timer to amalgamate undoable
> > changes?

But that put me on the right path, thank you very much.

I was using worker buffers.  These were filled, modified and erased
thousands of times in my test scenario.  Doing (setq buffer-undo-list t)
in these buffer solved the problem.  Not sure what Emacs was actually
doing all the time, but the huge gc time probably was spent in
collecting the fallout from the huge undo records.

Thanks for mentioning also the obvious things,

Michael.