Re: On the adoption of transient.el

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: On the adoption of transient.el
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2022 23:32:33 -0400

This seems to be an idea for a command that would let you select hunks
from a diff, and commit those hunks directly into a repo -- but only
if it is a git repo.

VC is supposed to handle various version control systems in a generic
way, and any added faciities should be generic, too.

Also, I have a feeling it is cleaner and safer for the command to make
the selected changes in an Emacs buffer visiting the source file.
Then, after you look at that buffer and make sure it has the contents
you want, you can commit it with C-x v v.

This would make it simpler, and also eliminate the problematical
limitation to git.