Re: Terminal emulator in Windows

From: Akib Azmain Turja
Subject: Re: Terminal emulator in Windows
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2023 00:26:28 +0600

Jim Porter <jporterbugs@gmail.com> writes:

> On 1/11/2023 1:35 AM, Akib Azmain Turja wrote:
>> In general, is it possible to implement Windows terminal emulation?
>
> Do you mean "emulating cmd.exe" or "emulating a terminal and running
> that emulator on MS Windows"? The former might be trickier, and I

I started the thread, and even I don't know.  But I guess the latter.
For more information, you may check the Eat issue 35 on Codeberg:
https://codeberg.org/akib/emacs-eat/issues/35

> haven't really looked into how you'd do that. However, the latter
> might just mean handling VT100 terminal sequences, which I don't think
> would require knowing about any Windows-specific features/APIs.

But somehow we need to tell the program what escape sequences to send,
don't we?

--
Akib Azmain Turja, GPG key: 70018CE5819F17A3BBA666AFE74F0EFA922AE7F5
Fediverse: akib@hostux.social