tree-sitter and Android port

From: Po Lu
Subject: tree-sitter and Android port
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2023 22:23:30 +0800

Po Lu <luangruo@yahoo.com> writes:

> I believe the Android port of Emacs is now more or less feature
> complete.

I've added support for tree-sitter to the Android port, and ported that
library to our Android build system as well.

However, there is one problem.  Android does not let Emacs link with any
shared libraries or run any executables installed in non-system
directories, meaning that compiled grammars cannot be installed in a
useful fashion.  This is done for security reasons, as apparently many
Android programs have been tricked into executing malicious downloaded
code in the past.

Would one of you two (Yuan Fu or Theodor) please ask the tree-sitter
developers if there is a way to solve this problem (i.e. by having
tree-sitter provide a way to ``interpret'' uncompiled grammar files.)

Thanks in advance.