Re: Versioned Tree-sitter parser libraries

From: Peter Oliver
Subject: Re: Versioned Tree-sitter parser libraries
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2023 21:17:50 +0100 (BST)

On Mon, 17 Apr 2023, Yuan Fu wrote:

I was suggesting that we do recognize ABI versions, but since tree-sitter
grammars don’t really have a ABI version, and the version extension in
filenames are just there by convention (of Fedora), we can expect the version
extension to be always 0.0, should there be one.

It’s the Tree-sitter project that have chosen the numbers in their Makefiles,
not Fedora, by the way.
https://github.com/tree-sitter/tree-sitter-json/blob/master/Makefile#L42

--
Peter Oliver