Re: [PROPOSAL] Builder, a build system integration for Emacs

From: Po Lu
Subject: Re: [PROPOSAL] Builder, a build system integration for Emacs
Date: Wed, 31 May 2023 09:14:55 +0800

Gregory Heytings <gregory@heytings.org> writes:

> Both parts of that (unsubstantiated) sentence are wrong.  The truth is
> that, like any program that is not frozen, but evolving, the price to
> pay when you use the testing/development/unstable branch is to accept
> a certain degree of unstability.

The problem starts when people begin doing this often.

This is not the case with a C compiler.  For example, I can compile most
C and C++ software currently in existence with GCC 4.0.  And most such
software will also work fine GCC 13.1.

Could you do the same with a Rust compiler from 2006, or even 2015?