Re: [External] : Control help- and Info-mode buffers from other buffers

From: Arthur Miller
Subject: Re: [External] : Control help- and Info-mode buffers from other buffers
Date: Wed, 31 May 2023 15:27:12 +0200

>> > 4. FWIW, it would be much easier to eyeball your
>> > patch if you used a unified diff (`diff -u').
>>
>> I have used: git format-patch -1, which is very simple for me, but I have
>> no problem running some other command if you give me the command.
>> diff -u is complete command?
>
> Sorry, I'm witless about git (aka gitless).

:-) It is ok.

Git format-patch is extremely easy to use with multiple files, I don't have to
specifay each file to diff; git does everything behind the back comparing
changed files in different worktrees/branches; but yes it makes for a big file.

I had thoughts to make different patch, one for help one for info, for that very
same reason, but the convenience (just another word for laziness) won. I also
forgett which file goes first to diff, the new one or the old one too :).