Re: [External] : Re: Use of advice [was: Is it valid to call isearch-fil

From: Michael Heerdegen
Subject: Re: [External] : Re: Use of advice [was: Is it valid to call isearch-filter-predicate outside isearch?]
Date: Thu, 08 Jun 2023 03:30:52 +0200

> Are you talking about an advice name or the name
> of a predicate-valued variable?

Actually, about the names of function value'd variables that we want to
use or suggest for advising.

> I'll also pointed out that predicates are
> _particularly_ useful use cases for advice, as
> the ways you can combine the advice include the
> usual logical combinations (AND, OR, NOT).

Indeed.  Maybe a lot or most of the cases of function value'd
variables are predicate valued variables.

BTW, there is a case that is not so sexy: the case of variables that can
be bound to a function but also allow other values (like nil, t, a
string).  We also have these cases in our sources.  One must not install
advises for these.

Michael.