Re: package-vc support for :files keyword

From: Daniel Fleischer
Subject: Re: package-vc support for :files keyword
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2023 12:30:00 +0300

> (If possible, try to use a wide reply when responding to these messages,
> so that I (and anyone else who would want to participate but it not
> subscribed) get notified directly).

Will do.

I need to learn more about this topic; I learned about `.elpaignore'
which could be what I need. So I won't discuss specific features at this
point.

I will leave one point for thought: trying to gap the difference between
ELPA packages and the "others" (melpa) could benefit everyone; it can
lower the technical bar for external packages to join ELPA or non-GNU
ELPA; packages will still be reviewed upon submission but things would
work more smoothly as there will be only one recipe style.

Thanks,

--
Daniel Fleischer