Re: 29.0.91 756244c696 Saving large org file can be slow with time-stamp

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: 29.0.91 756244c696 Saving large org file can be slow with time-stamp before-save-hook
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2023 13:10:00 +0000

Yuchen Pei <id@ypei.org> writes:

>>Yuchen, may you try to set `parse-sexp-lookup-properties' locally to nil
>>in your large Org buffer? If it helps, that's it.
>>

> Thanks. Tried that, and it did not fix the issue.

Ok. I tried to open a large Org file and somehow got:

    > ~/Git/emacs/src/emacs -Q -l /tmp/bug.el
    double free or corruption (out)
    Fatal error 6: Aborted

But only once. Next attempts did not show any obvious slowdown when
opening a large (22Mb) file, adding # Time-stamp: <>, and C-x C-s

On Emacs master.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,