Re: bug#64023: 29.0.91; gnus-icalendar does not update timestamp when de

From: Robert Pluim
Subject: Re: bug#64023: 29.0.91; gnus-icalendar does not update timestamp when description is empty
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2023 14:51:19 +0200

    Reindert-Jan> By the way, what is the intended behaviour of
    Reindert-Jan> gnus-icalendar--cancel-org-event? It seems to search for a
property "DT"
    Reindert-Jan> that does not exist (at least in my files), so it does not
change the
    Reindert-Jan> event. Is this a bug or am I missing some configuration
somewhere?

    >> It looks like a bug. I canʼt find any code creating such a property,
    >> the current code inserts the timestamp in the body of the org entry.
    >>
    >> Robert

    Reindert-Jan> Do I need to send a new bug report for this?

It would be nice to have a separate bug so we can track the change.

    Reindert-Jan> I would also like to try and write the fix for this, if you
don't mind.
    Reindert-Jan> I think the correct behaviour would be to completely remove
the entry
    Reindert-Jan> from the file - probably with a confirmation prompt.

I never say no to other people writing patches 😺 Thereʼs lots of
useful info in CONTRIBUTE in the emacs sources about code and commit
message conventions.

    Reindert-Jan> Alternatively gnus-icalendar--update-org-event could update
the entry to
    Reindert-Jan> include the word "cancelled" in the summary and deactivate the
    Reindert-Jan> timestamp.

Deactivating the timestamp is what the current code attempts to do, I
think thatʼs a less surprising change than removing the entry.

Robert