Moving my package from NonGNU to GNU and renaming it

From: Daniel Semyonov
Subject: Moving my package from NonGNU to GNU and renaming it
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2023 14:10:44 +0300

Hi,

For a while I had my package swsw on NonGNU ELPA, since when I initially
published it I haven't completed the copyright assignment process (which
is no longer the case).

Now that I can, I'd like to move it to GNU ELPA, and also use this
opportunity to rename the package from swsw to Window Commander
(window-commander, with prefix 'wincom-').
(I actually already pushed commits which rename the package and renamed
the repository; in hindsight I'm not sure if this caused any issues on
ELPA's side, sorry.  I haven't bumped the version yet).

Window Commander provides a minor mode which assigns IDs to windows in a
certain scope automatically, and allows displaying those IDs in various
ways.  Those IDs can then be used to quickly perform actions on the
corresponding windows.  There is a set of default actions and more
actions can be easily defined.

You can read the manual at https://dsemy.com/projects/swsw/manual for
more information (only slightly outdated).

BTW, is there any interest in adding something like this to Emacs?
There seem to be a lot of packages which implement basically this same
functionality in different flavors (ace-window, iwindow, winnum, my
package, at least one other which I can't find now).  Obviously I'm
biased, but I think having one of those in base Emacs would be nice.

Thanks,
Daniel