Re: [ELPA] New package: buildbot.el

From: Ruijie Yu
Subject: Re: [ELPA] New package: buildbot.el
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2023 21:06:16 +0800

On Jun 26, 2023, at 15:54, Yuchen Pei <id@ypei.org> wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> I would like to submit buildbot.el (<https://g.ypei.me/buildbot.el.git>)
> to the GNU ELPA. It has been how I interact with Buildbot (except for
> retrying a build) for a few months now.
>
> From the commentary:
>
> ;; `buildbot.el' is an Emacs interface for Buildbot, a widely used
> ;; continuous integration tool. It can be used to view build
> ;; information on a Buildbot instance.
>
> ;; Main entry points:
> ;;
> ;; `buildbot-revision-open' prompts for a revision id (e.g. commit
> ;; hash in git), and opens a view of the revision, including builds
> ;; associated with changes associated with the revision.
> ;;
> ;; `buildbot-branch-open' prompts for a branch name, and opens up a
> ;; view of revisions of this branch.
> ;;
> ;; `buildbot-builder-open' prompts for a builder name from a list of
> ;; available builders, and opens up a view of recent builds by this
> ;; builder.
>
> Full README at https://g.ypei.me/buildbot.el.git/about/, thanks.

Didn't have that much time to read, but here are some thoughts:

1. Is AGPLv3 acceptable for GNU Elpa?  I thought it is GPL3+ only.
2. IIUC, once the package is accepted into GNU Elpa, the comments should say
that it is "part of Emacs".
3. Probably a personal preference, but I think you can change normal quotes
into function quotes for the last argument to `define-key`.