Re: Distribution statistics for ELPA and EMMS

From: Eduardo Ochs
Subject: Re: Distribution statistics for ELPA and EMMS
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2023 20:16:27 -0300

On Thu, 13 Jul 2023 at 17:55, Yoni Rabkin <yoni@rabkins.net> wrote:

> I want to start the talk with the claim that Emms is a popular music and
> video package for Emacs. However, I have absolutely no numbers or
> statistics to back that claim. Is there a way to find out? Are any
> statistics collected by ELPA?
>
> Is there a way to answer the question: how many times was Emms installed
> in 2022?

Hey, thanks for asking that!

I'm the author of an Emacs package that is in ELPA and that I don't
have any idea how many users it has - I mean, besides the ones that
I've interacted with - and I was planning to start my talk about it
in the next EmacsConf by saying that it has "at least 10 users"... =/

  Cheers =),
  Eduardo Ochs
    http://anggtwu.net/#eev