Re: Android port

From: Bruno Haible
Subject: Re: Android port
Date: Sun, 06 Aug 2023 12:41:41 +0200

Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> > And also %n (used in the rest of Emacs), which aborts on Android for
> > ``security'' reasons...
>
> Most of those are not relevant for Android, right?
>
> The only one which is relevant (in emacs.c) can be rewritten not to
> use %n.

Then I would suggest to rewrite this instance without %n.

Rationale: I cannot guarantee that Gnulib will be able to support %n
in the long run. The "security-aware community" are filing CVEs here and
there; %n is among their targets (it has already been disabled from libc
on Ubuntu, macOS, and MSVC); and I don't know when they will discover
that Gnulib still enables it.

Bruno