Re: [NonGNU ELPA] New package: llm

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: [NonGNU ELPA] New package: llm
Date: Tue, 08 Aug 2023 23:47:02 -0400

All the large language models are unjust -- either the models
are nonfree software, released under a license that denies freedom 0
(https://www.gnu.org/philosophy/programs-must-not-limit-freedom-to-run.html),
or they are not released at all, only made available for use as SaaSS
(https://www.gnu.org/philosophy/who-does-that-server-really-serve.html).

If a language model is much better known that GNU Emacs,
it is ok to have code in Emacs to make it more convenient
to use Emacs along with the language model.  If the language model
is not so well known, then Emacs should not mention it _in any way_.
This is in the GNU coding standards.

If Emacs is to have commands specifically to support them, we should
make those commands inform the user -- every user of each of those
commands -- of how they mistreat the user.

It is enough to display a message explaining the situation
in a way that it will really be seen.

Displaying this for the first invocation on each day
would be sufficient.  Doing it more often would be annoying.

Would someone please implemt this?