Re: master b5bbb29634e 1/5: Merge from origin/emacs-29

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: master b5bbb29634e 1/5: Merge from origin/emacs-29
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2023 10:36:55 +0000

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

>> > Where (in what code) did you see this assumption?
>>
>> `package--reload-previously-loaded'
>
> That probably needs to be fixed, but is package.el relevant to the
> issue discussed here?  Org is part of Emacs, so I don't expect
> package.el to be involved.

I do not think that this particular part of the code is responsible.
Just suspect that other places might have similar logic omission.
(Aside: that specific code _was_ a problem in Emacs 28, but I was unable
to create reproducer on master and did not report the problem. So, it
might be perfectly fine, or not. Someone more familiar with package.el
may need to take a look - I can report on emacs-devel or debbugs if you
think that it is worth it)

Also, I doubt that Org has anything to do with handling .el.gz files -
we do not fiddle with package loading, except in `org-assert-version'.
But there is nothing in there that seems relevant to the issue at hand.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,