Re: Add more supported primitives in libgccjit IR

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Add more supported primitives in libgccjit IR
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2023 03:40:14 +0200

Andrea Corallo wrote:

> Yes the native compiler is failing to optimize that, one
> reason is probably that list is not a pure function.
> This works better for example with:
>
> (defun test2 ()
>   (let ((x '(a b c)))
>     (when (listp x) "Return value")))

Can we also see and play with type-value inference, to see how
that works in action?

And type hints for that matter?

The only trace I have been able to find of either are
functions in C, built-in functions in the Emacs lingo, for
example `+', if you do `describe-function' on that you see in
the docstring

  Type: (function (&rest (or marker number)) number)

only that _isn't_ in the docstring - so maybe it is an inferred
function type then?

--
underground experts united
https://dataswamp.org/~incal